Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder



I’m learning a hard lesson in loneliness this week, as my other half has gone to Sydney to attend a convention.

I was trying hard not to think about the fact that he was going away and LEAVING ME riiiight up until the day before he left, then I just got really sad. We haven’t been separated for more than two days for quite a while, almost four years, in fact.


There are some good things about having an empty house however. I can cook whatever I want without having to worry about his fussiness. I can watch whatever I want on the TV without complaint (ha ha! Trashy reality TV here I come!). I can go on the computer for as long as I want without him wandering into the office aimlessly looking for attention or for me to make him something to eat. I even have the whole of our king-size bed to myself.


Problem is, it’s a bit lonely. The first day was ok, but now I miss him like crazy. Thankfully, due to the wonders of technology, I’m in constant contact with him via text and phone calls.


Problem is, you can’t send a hug via the phone. Absence is definitely making me fonder of the boy. I have no idea how people in long-distance relationships do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...