Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Music love - Macklemore






I am digging on Macklemore at the moment. Totally loving both his tunes and the guy himself.

Why?

Well, first he made op shopping cool with "Thrift Shop". Not only was it goddamn catchy, but it contained such lyrical gems as "I wear your Grandad's clothes, I look incredible." The man does seem to love a good jacket too.

He's incredibly energetic onstage, leaping around like a goon and generally throwing his body about with great abandon. His raps are not only quick (something that I just adore), but you can actually understand him. Big tick.

Next, he brought the gay equality debate into the public consciousness with the gorgeous anthem "Same Love".

And now with his latest "Can't hold us" he's got me turning up this volume every time I hear it on the radio. And the music video features a party on sailing ship. If you know me, you know I'm obsessed with all things nautical. Another tick in the box for me.

And he credits his producer, Ryan Lewis, as a co-artist on every single. Props.




What are you listening to right now?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...