Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Drive

This Sunday, I spent mooching around the house and grocery shopping. But two Sundays ago, I bugged my husband until he took me for a drive. I knew exactly where I wanted to go - the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.


We went out through Dayboro (charming town, but I never seem to actually stop there to enjoy it!) and took the Mount Mee Rd up to D'aguilar. Then via a sneaky back road to Maleny.


It rained on and off, which was a nice change from the constant rain that we had had for the past week. Everything was so green! These pics where all taken with my new Nikon DSLR. Out the window. While driving. Because Hubby Dearest doesn't believe in stopping much. So please excuse the glare off the glass!


Having uncovered a herefore-to unknown dislike of of the lovely hinterland towns of Maleny, Montville and Mapleton in my other half, we finally stopped in Landsborough of all places! The cafe there was charming, and served a double-chocolate cheesecake so rich I couldn't finish, and tea in a proper cup and saucer (which I adore).

Next time I'm taking my mum though, so we can go to Montville. I don't care if it's touristy and expensive as all hell, I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful photos.
    We often go to Caloundra for the weekend or holidays and we enjoy to take a drive inland.
    Montville is just gorgeous with its amazing shops and views.You will have a great day there Im sure.Look forward to your pics.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family loves going for Sunday drives as well, at the moment we have had to cut them out or reduce them from once a month to one every 3 or 6 months.

    Even though we have both gas & petrol that runs the car every bit we save means the less we have to fill up & the less wear & tear on the tyres & car in general

    As we are saving up for two major items one is to do with the car and other is for another cruise I went on my first one back in 2011

    (((( Hugs )))) XXXX Kisses XXXX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...