I'm struggling with the weather here in Brisbane right now. I don't want to whine, but I miss summer already. I feel like I did not swim in my pool nearly enough!
I've decided to have a no-spend weekend so I'm sitting here at home indulging myself in things I want to do, and interspersing those with things I really don't want to do, but should (ie. housework).
If it's raining where you are, here are some ideas for things to get up to at home over the weekend:
* Make soup. Perfect soup weather, wouldn't you say? Then eat two bowls with toast or crusty bread slathered in butter.
* Bake that box of cupcakes or muffins that been in your pantry for weeks. I know my mixer Betty would thank me for dusting her off and giving her a whirl as she's been idle for a while. Live-tweet and instagram it.
* De-clutter. Yes, it's probably a chore but if you choose one small
area (say the corner of the office where all the junk gets dumped) you
can complete it in a short time and get a feeling of accomplishment.
* Stand at the front door and try to look at your house with a stranger's eyes. Do you want to move some things around? Have you been thinking about shuffling the furniture, pictures, knick-knacks? If you're the kind of person that does change their interior styling each season, this weekend is a good time to change the cushion covers and get out your winter throws for the lounge.
* Go through your wardrobe and anything you haven't worn in a year, give to charity. Don't just pile the clothes in the corner and forget about them like I do. Get a plastic bag, then when it's full put it in the boot of your car. Next time you're near a charity clothing bin, drop it in.
* Get out that DVD you borrowed from a friend ages ago and watch it. Even better, curl up with that bowl of soup and your throw rug and make it a movie afternoon.
* Read blogs! I never get time to read the blogs I follow properly, so I'll be using this weekend to catch up on what's going on with all my fave bloggers. LEAVE COMMENTS. After all, you're not in a hurry, it's the weekend!
And now I'm going to take some of my own advice and start on that last idea.
What are you up to this weekend?
A day in my blog office
3 hours ago