Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A collective love of old and used

Each year, the Darling Downs Veteran & Vintage Motor Club Inc.holds a Swap Meet. Over time it has grown in size to be the biggest in the State, and one of the biggest in the country!

As soon as I got there, I could not believe that I have never been before. This event is a vintage-lovers paradise!

Hundreds of stall-holders, thousands of objects from the rare and collectable to the common and ordinary! And thankfully for my mum and myself, it's not all about cars. Oh no. There's a solid second-hand bric-a-brac contingent that makes up a lot of the stalls. I was in retro heaven at one point scoping out a stall that had everything from Shelley china to old bakelite radios and sheep shears!

One thing that mum is always on the lookout for is Automobilia and old garage relics. The big sign below caught her eye because her father had a COR garage way back when. But it was $400! Man oh man these sellers knew their prices. There weren't many bargains to be had, but if you are a serious collector and know your prices, the swap meet was your oyster.

In the end we only spent a few hours there - we went on the Sunday because the Saturday was so crowded that you couldn't get into the showgrounds to park for hours, the traffic was that bad. I really had a ball but next year I'll be going early, and packing my most comfy walking shoes and plenty of water! 




And if I happen to come home towing the shell of a 1920s roadster, well then, hubby is just going to have to deal with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...