Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Lonelies


I'm alone. My beloved has gone away for work for a few days, and I don't know when he'll be back.

I'm away from C quite frequently, but usually I am at my parents and he is here. Now I am here and he is the one away. It's strange.

This is a different kind of absence - it's going to be a few days. I'm alone in the evenings a lot when he is working nightshift, and am used to going to bed on my own, but tonight there's a big gaping hole where C should be.

I probably shouldn't blog about being home alone in case someone reads this, finds out where I live and comes and robs/murders me, but hey. All my doors are locked!

One of the things I'll need to be looking out for over the next few days is self care. I tend not to take care of myself too well food-wise when I'm on my own. I don't cook unless there's someone else to share the meal.

To beat the alone feelings, I'm trying to formulate a plan. This plan will set out things to do over this evening, tomorrow (a public holiday, I plan to stay home all day as it will be miserable and raining), Friday and Saturday.

So far, the plan involves watching a movie and playing Farmville this evening, and cooking French Onion soup tomorrow. Maybe some scrapbooking. Any other suggestions for beating the lonelies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...