Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Peace and Quiet

Yesterday was a day I used to get a lot done around the house. First day of the New Year, it seemed a good idea to start off on a clean foot.

It was perishingly hot so I put the air con away and used a task/reward system to tick things off my list.

Come lunchtime, I felt the need to get out in the fresh air, even if it was unpleasantly humid.

So I went and got a chicken roll and went down to the Lake. I swear it was 5 degrees cooler down there.


And it was quiet. There were other people about, families playing by the water, but they were far enough away to be on the limit of my hearing.

I sat under a gum, brushed away some ants and just enjoyed the noise of nature. The warm wind in the leaves, the cicadas singing away. I don't meditate or often stop what I'm doing to contemplate life, so this was a nice moment to just chillax and soak up some nature. It really is a great way to recharge.

I want to go down there more, it's not very far from my house and just beautiful year-round.



I even made an avian friend.



What do you do to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...