Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Getting Myself Together



Lately I've identified that a lot of my stress both at home and at work come from feeling so many things are OUT OF MY CONTROL. I feel lost and helpless sometimes.

At work, I have been trying to start each day with a plan, because focusing on executing said plan does actually help to get stuff done. It also helps me realise that some stuff IS not able to be controlled or influenced by me, and thus I need to just let it go.

Which leads me to my next problem - home-related stress. I need to Get It Together, gurl.

I'm not sure when I started watching Filofax decoration vids on YouTube, but somehow I discovered this whole personal organiser subculture and kind of fell into it. I became convinced that somehow, a physical, paper, hard copy organiser would help me gain some control of my domestic life, where other digital options had failed. Yes, I've tried Evernote. I do use my iPhone calendar, but only because I have a memory like a sieve.

So, I ordered one of the cheaper Filofaxes, the Domino. In pink. Hey, it was half price and it's pretty. So now I'm waiting for it to arrive, and planning how I'm going to decorate it (of course).



I'll let you know if it changes my life.

Meanwhile, here is my fave Filofax YouTuber's channel, mits t. I like her stuff.

Are you, or WERE you, a personal organiser fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...