Yesterday afternoon two very loud youths got into my train carriage. They weren't really misbehaving in any way, just being quite boisterous and talking at a high volume. I got the irrits. Thought about how rude they were and didn't their parents teach them any manners? Them I realised what a fuddy-duddy I was.
Yep, definitely getting old..er.
Here's a few more warning signs of those of us of advancing years:
- you carry a cardigan with you wherever you go. Even in summer.
- you no longer listen to commercial radio. ABC all the way, baby.
- music videos shock you.
- you have opinions about stuff like politics, economics and foreign policy.
- you walk right past any clothes store playing loud music.
- shoes are chosen for comfort, rather than aesthetic value.
- you mute the ads on the tv. Just like grandpa used to.
But it's not all bad. In fact, I rather like the older me. I've learned stuff. I'm more confident in who I am, and what I believe. But I still keep a spare cardigan AND an umbrella in the car.
Are you exhibiting signs of age? Tell me!