Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

FNQ Fashion

We're going to the tropics for Christmas.

I know, I know. It's going to be perishingly hot and humid. But C's parents live there and this is their year to have us. I know his mum will be taking care of the food, so I've been left to worry about other things.

Oddly for me, I've been fixating on clothes. Because I remembered the last time we were up there two years ago, I was warm and uncomfortable pretty much the entire time. My wardrobe was not designed to cope with that kind of weather.

So I've been trying to think about what would be suitable, and wondering if it's in my budget to get a few more items. Clothes to suit the heat and mugginess of Far North Queensland!

Of course, I turned to Polyvore. I present three ideal outfits for three different occasions, though in FNQ you can pretty much wear the same wardrobe to a restaurant as you would to the beach.



FNQ casual - beige







FNQ - shopping








FNQ Evening





What do you think? I am VERY aware that I am obsessed with the beige, the bone, the off-white, the cream, the ivory... What I was aiming for was breath-ability and present-ability. I don't want to be rocking board shorts and a tank top the whole week I'm there.

What do you wear when it's hot?

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I love the last one! But I am a dress kind of girl...I love the blue, especially since you will be up in such a hot climate!

    Really though, all three outfits are gorgeous and very wearable :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love them ALL! We'll be in FNQ for Christmas too! I have NO idea what I'll be getting around in, but I know it won't be as stylish as any of these combinations.

    I love seeing your wardrobe looks - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...