Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tough Life Lessons



[image source]


I haven’t blogged for a while because I have been adhering to my current blog philosophy – don’t blog unless you feel like it. I’ve had a tough week, with a hugely emotional thing happening to me which I vented onto Twitter.

I was both surprised and touched by the reaction that my personal crisis evoked from my Tweeps – many of them reached out to me to ask if I was ok, and offer a friendly shoulder or ear. This was despite the fact that I was doing something that I personally abhor, which is “vague-tweeting” (my own term, derived from the brilliant phrase “vague-booking” for those posts on Facebook that are obvious cries for attention).

I am not going to go into great detail of my crisis here on my blog, not being comfortable with airing my relationship laundry on the internet, but suffice to say, it felt like my sky was falling. In fact, those are my exact words to my partner when we were working things out.

It was horrible, confronting and emotionally draining. All I can say is, I’m glad it’s over. I learnt one important lesson though:


In relationships, always ASK. Never ACCUSE.


What relationship wisdom have you learnt the hard way?

2 comments:

  1. That guys just don't get flirting. At. All.
    And while we see it as flirting they don't realise the other person is.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you're getting some resolution. Relationships are an evolution and the key is just to make sure both parties are committed to working together to achieve the same outcomes.

    We have the "24 hour rule" in our house. Basically, you have 24 hours to bring something up or you're not allowed. Once it's been raised you have to come to a resolution and then you can't bring it up again. It's great because it makes you decide what's important. We also implement it for when one of us does something stupid - you only have 24 hours to pay them out! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...