Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sarah Suggests: May 2015 Edition



I've been watching a lot of TV lately. Why? Because there's so much on that's good. 

I'm trying to watch less "crap" (a fluid definition based purely on personal judgement!) and finding that shows I would have found dead boring when I was younger hold much more fascination. 

However, my suggestions today are based purely on entertainment value!  

The Following
Season 2 is now showing on both Foxtel and Free to Air I believe. A thriller/drama about a non-religious murder cult, Season 1 had more twists than a corkscrew and Kevin Bacon too. It can be quite gory, so if you're squeamish you may need to hide behind a pillow. 

Fortitude
This incredibly beautiful, bizarre, horrible and excellent drama has recently been shown on ABC. I've been very slowly working my way through it because it's one of those shows I can only digest one episode at a time. Set on a fictionalArctic  island, a series of grisly murders will keep you guessing. Michael Gambon is just one of a stellar ensemble cast that also includes Stanley Tucci, who automatically makes anything he's in 10 times better. This one is also quite gory and even has moments where it becomes almost horror. Five stars. 

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 
Written by Tina Fey and possessing the catchiest theme song of the year, this comedy series is available on Netflix. About a girl who escapes a bunker where a cult leader has kept her & other women for years, our heroine has to learn about modern life. It's funnier than it sounds. I loved it. Ten hearts. 

The Soup
It's hard to describe this show. Basically it's a weekly half hour of television clips that host Joel McHale (of Community fame) makes fun of. It's been showing on E! forever and it has great guests and sometimes surprisingly cutting edge satire. TV that pokes fun at other TV - I'm a fan. 

***

So that's a few of the things I've been devoting my eyeballs to lately. What have you been watching?

2 comments:

  1. I watch Poldark and Miss Fisher but apart from that I only watch Star Trek and Misfits via streaming. I find there is nothing I can be bothered watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that Poldark is very good! I am a bit hesitant to start it after my adverse reaction to Outlander though. I LOOOVE Miss Fisher so much! Best show in forever. Star Trek is wonderful comfort tv but I have never heard of Misfits - will look it up!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...