As I haven't blogged much about Christmas this year, I thought I'd put together a post bringing together all the lovely blogs I've been reading recently that cover the subject nicely. I hope you find them as entertaining, helpful and interesting as I did.
- First, some lovely dessert. Drool over this lovely easy chocolate and cream cake at abeachcottage.com.
- Redcliffe Style broaches a subject close to my heart all summer long - how to stay fresh on Christmas Day.
- Tamsin talks about differing Christmas traditions over at Kiki & Tea. Her Danish Christmas sounds very much like my family's German one.
- I've been loving Jack Monroe's "Have yourself a cheaper little Christmas" series over on her blog. Check out this frugal recipe for ham and veges.
- The Hemborg Wife shows how upcycling is done, wrapping her gifts with things she had around the house.
- A Beautiful Mess has done a mega-round-up of their DIY posts as suggested gift ideas. Some ones in here I wouldn't attempt, but some really cool easy ones too!
- If you're a sucker for a White Christmas like me, have a gander at beautiful Old Quebec in December here and also here at night. It's like a goddamn fairytale.
- And lastly, a great reading list from 26 Years and Counting (in which she mentions me, yay!) - The Hide In Your Room At The In Laws Over The Holidays Best Of Blogs Reading List 2013