Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Summary - 1st December

This week I have been...

Reading - All Good Things by Sarah Turnbull. A memoir of the author's life when she moved to Tahiti. It's pretty cool.

Tidying - my patio and yard. A huge job, but one that is very satifying.

Loving - those moments when you stop and just breathe. Like when I saw this beautiful Moreton Bay Fig at the markets today. What a glorious elder of its kind.



Watching - a mish-mask of television including The Walking Dead, NCIS and Sleepy Hollow. I like to pretend that Ichabod from Sleepy Hollow is James Norrington from The Pirates of the Caribbean's long-lost brother. (Don't blame me, it was on tumblr).

Dreaming - of landscaping my pool area with terracotta pots and minimalist spiky plants.

Thinking - a lot about Christmas. I wrote a guide to a Happy Homemade Christmas last year, would like to do something similar this year, but I'm not going to be doing much homemade stuff! So I might just curate some great other blogs that are doing it.

Baking - my own pizza dough! For the first time, I was insanely pleased with it. I also made a banana loaf today, finally used up all those over-ripe bananas in my freezer.


Hanging - out at the farm. Went and saw mum and dad last weekend, did some deep-breathing and chilling out. Going up to the farm recharges my batteries. I took some photos, which I have the intention of blogging but are still on my camera...


Looking forward to - work winding down after we complete end-of-month accounts this week. More scrapbooking in two weeks. And then some time off!

How's your week been?

2 comments:

  1. Reading: Englby by Sebastian Faulks for book club.
    Tidying: same - my patio
    Watching: Sons of Anarchy, Orange is the new Black and Masters of Sex
    Wishing I had a country get away to go to to chill at.............great post Sarah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have heard Orange is the New Black is great! I missed the start of it on Foxtel, must download or wait for rerun!
      I do know we are extremely lucky to have somewhere rural to escape to... and to think, when I was younger, all I wanted to do was move to the city O_o

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...