The thing is, I've got heaps of post ideas swirling around in my head, just no motivation to write them down and hit "publish". Notice I didn't say "no time" there. I do have the time - I just have been using it to do other things lately ie. watch tv, read other blogs and boring real-life essential stuff like cooking and housework.
So here's my Public Holiday Monday-night solution - a stream of consciousness post all about what I have been up to. Rest assured it hasn't all been telly-watching and domesticity.
- Tonight I made Babymac's oven baked risotto with chorizo. I got the recipe from Fat Mum Slim's post here. Because I don't have an ipad I haven't bought Babymac's Beverley magazine, but if I did, I totally would. The meal turned out AMAZING, by the way. Loved how simple it was, and the risotto was creamy and perfect without me having to stir a single spoon!
- This weekend I got out of the city and off to my bi-annual scrapbooking camp. It was so great to de-stress, breathe the fresh air and also unplug myself from the online world for two days. I've blogged about scrapbook camp before here and here. I took this awesome shot of Perseverence Dam in the first rays of the morning. I'll hopefully blog about this camp soon.
- At work, I hit target again this month so am looking forward to a nice little bonus next pay. I'm learning that I'm financially motivated as well as knowledge-craving when it comes to my career, which is handy to know.
- We went to the movies last night to see The Fast and the Furious 6. Whoever writes, casts and directs these movies are geniuses. Just the right mix of action, drama, eyecandy, car porn and emotion to appeal to just about everybody. I was saying to hubby on the way there how it's the perfect couple movie - it has more than one thing to appeal to both sexes. Let's just say my thing is The Rock. And as anyone who has seen it and the bit after the credits knows, number 7 will add another cool star to the mix, and one that will guarantee I see it!
- I was thinking to myself about the outfit posts I like so much on fashion and lifestyle blogger's blogs, and how mine today would have been a doozy - Trackpants: Best and Less, Tee: so old i can't remember, Hoodie: KMart, Ugly orthodedic thongs: Orthoheel., I laughed a little.