Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Op Shops of Brisbane: Save the Children Kallangur





Op Shops of Brisbane is a series where I talk about charity shops I go to. Feel free to suggest a good one to me - I live on the north side but have been known to drive great distances for a good browse!


This week we're looking at Save the Children Op Shop in Kallangur. It is a relatively new store to me, having only noticed it a few months ago. Either it has always been there and recently gotten a facelift, or it's new in the premises. Either way, it's great!


Parking tip - if there's no space out the front on the main road, turn into the shopping centre and park in front of the Salvos store next to the Red Rooster. Then you can hit both op shops at once!


What struck me when I first entered the shop was the extraordinary level of neatness and organisation. Although since this visit I have seen it in a few places, this was the first op shop I'd seen where clothing was organised by colour. It's very striking and so wonderfully convenient if you're looking for a particular shade!


There is a plus size clothing rack too (always an extra brownie point in my book) and a wide range of clothing for the whole family. I have found upon subsequent visits the clothes are mostly of the modern chain store variety, with a wide range of low- and high-end labels represented.


There is a wall of books and mags, and a few shelves with a small collection of bric-a-brac. I've seen Johnson of Australia there, along with some other nice crockery but not many other collectables. The majority of the shop is clothing.

I love visiting this shop because it is invariably clean, tidy and bright. Although small, I can often find something to buy. It's also one of the only two op shops within a half hour drive of my house that are open Sundays!

Save the Children Op Shop is at Shop 1, 1469 Anzac Ave, Kallangur QLD and is open Mon-Sat: 9am-4pm and Sun: 10am-4pm.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! I've never been to this op-shop before and I'm a serial op-shopperer! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unit 29 or 30 302 South Pine Rd Brendale QLD - Could you do a review on this one? It's a salvos. I'm 14, i only get a small amout of pocket money so i'm trying to convince my mum to let me go thrift-shopping either that or go with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz - absolutely I can! This is one fo the few from my local area I have yet to visit. Thrift shopping is a great idea when you're on a budget - the treasure hunting is half the fun :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...