My husband has been away for a week and a half, and I must say I have a new respect for military and FIFO partners. I don't know how you do it for weeks ormonths on end! If I wasn't working I think I would have gone mad.
I've forgotten how to live a solitary life, shameful really. But there are some good things about having the house to oneself!
- toilet seat is always down
- whole bed to starfish in
- minimal washing up
- tv completely under your control
And the downsides:
- having to do all those yucky tasks you usually "delegate"
- no one to investigate strange night noises
- danger of going barmy from talking to oneself
And the sappy one:
- the person-shaped hole in you life where your beloved usually is.
How do you combat loneliness?