Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

On blogger's block

I can't blog. I have seriously been thinking about it for days but I just don't know what to write.

The flooding in Brisbane these past few days, and the flooding in the rest of Qld over the past few weeks has made me anxious, scared, heartbroken, annoyed, angry, sad and basically feel helpless (not necessarily in that order).

There really are no words. Except I have an admission - this evening, I'm feeling overwhelmingly GUILTY. Because my home is untouched. Not inundated, not damaged. And so many others lost everything. I can't even imagine what it's like. Is this non-victim guilt? It's weird and unsettling.

I think I need to go back to work. Being on holiday makes me feel lazy and stupid. When I go back to work, I can contribute in a material way to the lives of people affected. Here's hoping anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...